Supplies from paper and embellishment pack:
12 x 12 Scrapbook papers
Open linked bracelet
Flat metal findings, Round Cab style
Rolled Paper Bead Charms
- Cut long skinny triangles from 12 x 12 scrapbook papers. The triangles should be about ½” on the wide end and narrow to a point.
- Tightly wrap the long triangle of paper around a toothpick. Glue the tip down to hold the bead together.
- Coat the paper bead in Diamond Glaze to give the bead a glasslike finish and make it more durable. Dry.
- Now the bead is ready to be made into a charm. Thread a small bead through the headpin. You need a bead or the rolled bead will pull right through the head pin. Next, thread the rolled paper bead. Make a loop and twist around the base of the loop. Trim the wire. Add a jump ring. Now the bead is ready to be put onto your bracelet.
Flower in “glass” Charm
- Punch a small circle out of the paper or the stickers and place in the finding cavity.
- Add a layer of Diamond Glaze. While still wet, add the small paper flowers and a sticky gem for the center.
- Dry for 6 hours. Add another thin layer of Diamond Glaze. You can repeat this once more if you want a thicker glasslike layer.
- Add a jump ring. Now the Charm is ready to be put onto your bracelet.
Button and Bead charm
- Thread a small bead through the headpin.
- Thread the button through the headpin.
- Thread another bead through the headpin.
- Make a loop at the top and twist off. Cut off excess wire.
- Add a jump ring, Now the charm is ready to be put onto your bracelet.
Ribbon and Button Charm
- Thread the ribbon through one hole in the button and back out the other.
- Tie tightly in a knot.
- Slide a jump ring though the backside of the button.
- Add another jump ring to the first. Now the charm is ready for your bracelet.
Paper Under “Glass” Charms
- Punch or cut a circle of paper or stickers to fit into flat cab finding.
- Add 1-2 layers of diamond glaze and dry.
- You can add gems after first layer of diamond glaze.
- Add a jump ring. Now the charm is ready for your braclet.
Once all of your charms are ready, you can place them on your bracelet. Space larger charms evenly and fill in with smaller charms.
Use Jewelry pliers to close jump rings tightly.