A quick, simple 12×12″ scrapbook layout.
Creative Options Paper & Embellishment Pack
White 12×12 cardstock
Sharpee fine point brown marker
Purple Cows paper trimmer
Stewart Superior Burnt Umber Palette inkpad
- Measure up approximately 1″ from bottom of 12×12″ white cardstock. Start at left edge and spell out “is full of ups & downs” using brown alphabet stickers. Use fine point brown marker to write out “learn from them all.”
Trace, print from computer, or hand draw “LIFE” onto brown spotted cardstock so letters are approximately 3″ tall. Cut with scissors.
- Measure down 2 ½” from top of white cardstock background, mount 12″ piece of blue ribbon horizontally from edge to edge. Mount 12″ piece of brown ribbon directly beneath blue ribbon.
- Using foam tape for added depth, mount “LIFE” centered on top of white background so bottom of letters overlaps ribbon border.
- Cut assorted size strips of patterned papers, ink edges with brown ink, and arrange with assorted coordinating photo corner stickers to serve as arrows going up and down beneath ribbon border. Mount some with foam tape for added depth.
- Cut 5″x 7″ mat from blue spotted paper, ink edges. Mount photo. Mount centered on page beneath arrow border, above bottom text. For added interest allow some arrows to extend downward onto photo and mat.
- If journaling is desired, hand journal around photo mat, or only apply adhesive around three outside edges of photo mat and insert removable journaling strip.